Learn today, fly tomorrow.
Our Mission Statement
At Gorse Covert Primary School we endeavour to provide a challenging, broad and balanced curriculum leading to individual achievements and successes whilst recognising children’s own unique traits. With a dedicated and caring staff, we provide a nurturing and safe environment where children can develop their resilience and self confidence. It is our belief that children should leave this school as responsible citizens promoting traditional values with a moral integrity.
- To provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum, accessible and enjoyable to all pupils; providing them with skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to their current and future needs.
- For successful pupils who have developed as a ‘whole child’, using individual talents and abilities to achieve their full potential and be confident to live their lives to the full.
- Social, Moral, Spiritual, Cultural education (SMSC) underpins the school curriculum and we aim for children to leave this school with respect for themselves and others and tolerance of other faiths, races and cultures.
- We will promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- For a child leaving Gorse Covert School to say “I have given my best; I have respect for myself and others and I feel confident to meet the challenges that lie ahead”.
- To create a partnership between home and school in order to work in close co-operation with parents, working together to maximise their child’s potential and engage in the wider school life.
- To develop the school’s links with the wider community, to offer supportive use of the school site and facilities.
- To maintain a pleasant, efficient, healthy and safe environment for all, within the school building, in the grounds and in the wider community. In this environment pupils can develop personal skills and positive attitudes at all key stages.
- To develop a mutually supportive team, sharing expertise and providing opportunities to attain high levels of skills. This includes effective self-evaluation and communication between all personnel in order to promote the agreed values and principles of the school.
- The school aims to promote our 3Cs curriculum (Community, Curiosity and Confidence) and our 5Rs (resilience, responsibility, readiness, relationships and respect). 3Cs and 5Rs information